Public Service BTEC Level 3
This two-year vocational course is suitable for students with a general interest in the work of the Public Services, and those who are aiming to pursue a career in any of the uniformed public service organisations, including the Emergency Services and Armed Forces.
+ Course details and future career paths
The Public Services programme incorporates the BTEC Extended Diploma. The programme is divided into units of study delivered over a period of two academic years.
- Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public Services.
- Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Understand the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism on Public Services
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Land-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Skills for Water-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Command and Control in the Uniformed Public Services
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Career Planning for the Public Services
- Police Powers in the Public Services
- Behaviour in Public Sector Employment
- Current and Media Affairs in Public Services
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Security Procedures in the Public Services
- Practical Team Sports
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Volunteering in Public Services.
Many students go on to study related University courses such as Criminology, Policing Studies, Uniformed Pubic Services, Nursing, Paramedic Science, Forensic Science, Rescue and Emergency Management, Outdoor Adventure and Leadership Management, War Studies, Law, Coastal Safety Management, Psychology, Sociology and Politics.
Apprenticeships are available in the Public Services e.g. Policing, Providing Security Services, Security Systems, H.M. Forces, Emergency Care and Fire Services Operations and the Youth Offending Team. Previous students are pursuing careers in the Public Services, including the Army, RAF, Police, Paramedics and Fire and Rescue Services.
How to find us.
Phone: 01980 652 467