Parents' Evenings take place twice a year to provide a more formal means of discussing the progress of your child. However, you are welcome to contact us at any time if you want to talk about how your child is progressing. hours. The first parents evening of the year is held at the start of the year and involves meeting with your child’s tutor, the second evening later in the year is an opportunity to meet with each of your child’s subject teachers.
Prior to the Parents' Evening, pupils are asked to make appointment times with the teachers that their parents wish to see. Each of these appointments is 10 minutes long so it is important that we are all aware of the purposes of the meeting:
· For parents to clarify issues around their child’s progress, strengths and weaknesses.
· For parents to relay any information about their child which may help the teacher to improve the learning process.
· For parents to ask the teacher any subject specific questions.
· For parents and teachers (and the child, if present) to decide on any further action that needs to be taken to improve the pupil’s progress.
Parents Evening Dates for 2018 are shown below:
- Tuesday 9th January 2018 - 16:00-19:00, - Jenkins Hall
- Wednesday 31st January 2018 - 16:00-19:00, - Jenkins Hall
- Tuesday 27th February 2018 - 16:00-19:00, - Jenkins Hall
- Thursday 19th April 2018 - 16:00-19:00, - Jenkins Hall
- Thursday 3rd May 2018 - 16:00-`19:00, - Jenkins Hall
Additional information evenings that are scheduled during the year:
- Year 11 Options Evening: Wednesday 7th March 2018 (18:00-19:00, Jenkins Hall)