Health & Social BTEC Level 3
Are you a caring person? Do you find yourself looking after others? Would you like to have a warm and rewarding career in health and social care? This Level 3 qualification is a two year full time course for people who wish to expand their knowledge of the Health and Social Care industry.
A health and social care qualification can open the door to many different job roles including care worker, youth worker, health care assistant or in an organisation working with children and adults who have special needs.
The health and social care industry is rapidly changing, with new government initiatives giving it a higher profile. These developments mean that it is more important than ever that well-qualified, experienced people enter the industry to meet this demand.
This course will give you theory needed in class to then undertake a college arranged placement. These two aspects of study will then fully prepare you for employment if wish to take those steps.
+ Course details and future career paths
- Unit 1- Human Lifespan development (Exam)
- Unit 2- Health and Social Care Values
- Unit 3- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Unit 4- Social Influences on Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 6- The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 7- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Unit 8- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Unit 9- Healthy Living (Exam)
- Unit 15- Carrying Out a Research Project in Health and Social Care
- Unit 16- Vocational Experience in Health and Social Care (Includes two weeks on work experience)
- Unit 18- Child Development and Observation
- Unit 20- Understanding Disability
Many students go on to study related University courses such as Nursing, Paramedic Science, Midwifery, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work Teaching, Early Years and Politics. Many students are also successful in gaining higher level apprenticeships. As a graduate with a level 3 vocational qualification in Health and Social Care, you could also go on to relevant employment within health and social care services.
How to find us.
Phone: 01980 652 467