Our expectations of students at Avon Valley College are that you will try your best at all times. This will include:
· ensuring that you attend school every day and that you catch up on any work for days you are absent
· arriving to all lessons, including tutor times, punctually
· your behaviour supports your learning and you follow the code of conduct
· making sure you work hard in every lesson to complete work set to the best of your ability
· completing all homework to the best of your ability and handing it in on time, even if you are absent from school
We expect all our lessons to be disruption free. Where lessons are conducted without disruption, students are able to achieve to the best of their ability. Students have a responsibility to manage their own learning in a manner that does not disrupt the learning of others, and ensures that teachers focus on teaching lessons that allow students to make good progress.
From 1st July 2019, if disruption takes place, the member of staff will give the disruptive student a clear warning. If the student continues to disrupt the learning of others the teacher will send the student to the Isolation Room. The student will then spend the equivalent of a working day in isolation. The college will inform the parent/carer of the isolation referral.