Avon Valley Sixth Form provides personalised advice and guidance services for students, including:
- Information, advice and guidance about a range of issues, such as careers, education, employment, training and student finance either directly or in partnership with specialist agencies.
- Support in gaining the skills required to increase your chances of successful transition from higher education to employment, for example CV writing, application and interview skills and practice.
- Preparation for the UCAS application process.
- Support following exam results, to help you decide on your next steps.
- Specific support for students applying to highly competitive courses or Universities.
- Small group/drop-in sessions or larger presentations on all aspects of careers work.
- Assistance with finding work placements and internships.
- External trips and visits to Universities and potential employers.
- Information and application support for students who are considering studying abroad.
Accessing Careers Advice
- Students can visit the Careers area where a range of resources are available for students.
- Noticeboards in the Careers area display current labour market information and opportunities for students, for example, Higher Education Experience Days, Volunteering or Work Experience opportunities .
- Students can speak to their tutors or book an appointment for a one-to-one session with an Advisor.
There are a vast number of Careers websites available for more information, we would recommend:
How to find us.
Phone: 01980 652 467